Manage episode 229824116 series 2182499
This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla's price increases and discounts, Tesla's new referral program (use ours!), a possible new Model S/X charge rate, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
This week, the show is sponsored by Dandelion: Dandelion is the leading home geothermal company in New York. Homeowners who make the switch to geothermal heating save on average $2,250 per year. Visit DandelionEnergy.com/electrek to see if your home qualifies.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla delays price increase – boost orders at the end of the quarter
- Tesla increases prices across lineup – not as high as expected
- Tesla kills yearly service program, focuses on EV requiring less maintenance
- Tesla updates new 200+ kW Model S/X charge rate before reverting it to normal
- Tesla starts rolling out new Navigate on Autopilot and Enhanced Summon features
- Tesla is bringing back referral program to win Model Y and Roadster signed by Elon Musk
- Tesla brings back free Supercharging as end-of-quarter incentive – with a caveat
- Tesla remotely increases power output of all Model 3 vehicles through software update
- GM makes $300 million investment to produce new Chevrolet EV based on Bolt EV
- VW threatens to exit important automaker lobbying group over electric vehicle policies
- Canada announces new $5,000 incentive for electric cars, Tesla vehicles excluded
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4:00pm ET (or the video after 5:00pm ET):
91 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 59 mins duration .