Manage episode 215148757 series 1795869
This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including the craziness intensifying around Tesla going private and a bunch of "whistleblower" lawsuits, the base Model 3 is still coming, electric vehicle charging for condos, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio will be available on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. For the Apple Podcasts app, grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla whistleblower/saboteur releases VIN of Model 3s with alleged punctured battery cells
- Former Tesla employee claims Gigafactory 1 is involved in drug trafficking activities
- Elon Musk confirms Saudi Arabia wants to take Tesla private, he elaborates on thought process behind the deal
- Tesla’s (TSLA) stock tumbles on report that SEC subpoenas automaker over Elon Musk’s claims
- Tesla sues Ontario government claiming they were targeted by the shutdown of EV incentives
- Tesla’s $35,000 Model 3 is still coming and with a new battery module design
- Tesla’s $35,000 base Model 3 will be a money losing car, says UBS after teardown
- Volvo brings a Tesla Model 3 to Sweden, presumably to benchmark and reverse-engineer
- Tesla Model 3 production has a clear path to 8,000 units per week, says analyst after Fremont factory visit
- This boring little box can fix the nightmare of installing EV charging stations in condos
- Tesla expands charging infrastructure in New York with new ‘Urban Supercharger stations’
- EV startup Bollinger wants to use Tesla’s Supercharger network
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company announces new tunnel and ‘loop’ to get to Dodger Stadium in 4 minutes
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):