Manage episode 214712656 series 1795869
This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Elon Musk announcing that Tesla might be going private, Model 3 Performance is coming to Canada, and we review the Sur Ron, a monster ebike, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel. As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Elon Musk considers taking Tesla private at over $70 billion, he says he has the money
- Elon Musk elaborates on plans for Tesla to go private in email to employees: says structure would be much like SpaceX
- Tesla (TSLA) is being probed by SEC over Elon Musk’s announcement to go private, says report
- Tesla (TSLA) shorts don’t believe Elon Musk will take company private as the board ‘evaluates’
- Tesla starts production of new Model 3 color, shares images of paint robot
- Tesla Model 3 Performance is even faster than anticipated: 0-60 mph in 3.3s, quarter-mile in 11.8s
- Tesla’s new Autopilot hardware upgrade will be free for owners with the $3,000 to $5,000 ‘Full Self-Driving’ package
- Tesla starts free over-the-air Autopilot trials to boost usage and sales of the system
- Tesla is working on a new key fob – potentially for keyless Model 3
- Electrek Review: Sur-Ron is a monster electric bike with 50 miles of range and insane top speed
- Hyundai delivers first Kona Electric CUV to Norway, says it has over 20,000 reservations
- Oil giant Shell leads investment in startup with ‘Electric Cars for Everyone’ goal for charging tech
- Audi says e-tron quattro electric SUV gets 30% more range through regen braking, they put it to the test
- Nikola Motors raises $100 million to bring its electric vehicles and hydrogen trucks to market
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
97 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 61 mins duration .