Manage episode 219355049 series 1795869
This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including several important updates regarding the Tesla Model 3, a new hope for the electric vehicle federal tax credit, some updates regarding the Porsche Taycan, and more.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio will be available on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. For the Apple Podcasts app, grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla launches new Model 3 with ‘mid-range’ battery for $45,000, changes pricing structure
- Tesla is now able to maintain production of close to 1,000 vehicles per day
- Tesla removes ‘Full Self-Driving Capability’ package from its options due to ‘confusion’
- Tesla starts advertising quicker 0-60 mph acceleration for Model 3 Performance
- Taking a Tesla Model 3 Performance to the dragstrip
- A Tesla-powered Honda S2000 runs quarter-mile in 10 seconds
- Tesla’s stock (TSLA) jumps as judge approves settlement of SEC’s complaint against Elon Musk
- Elon Musk is buying $20 million more of Tesla shares – seemingly to compensate for SEC settlement fine
- Tesla aims for new neural net computer in production in 6 months, results in 500-2000% increase in ops/sec, says Elon Musk
- Elon Musk sees ‘foolish oversight’ of Tesla’s service coverage, announces major expansion of service centers
- New Republican bill could remove federal tax credit cap for EVs after Tesla hits 200k
- Porsche says that it ‘enters the electric era with the new Taycan’, makes progress toward production
- Porsche asks more of dealers to prepare for Taycan’s arrival with 200 more charging stations
- Porsche Taycan to be priced between Cayenne and Panamera (~$75,000), says program director
- Porsche greenlights all-electric Taycan CUV for production based on stunning Mission E Cross Turismo concept
- Jaguar starts I-Pace deliveries to customers in the US
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):
97 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 61 mins duration .