Manage episode 218351025 series 1795869
This week on the Electrek Podcast, we discuss the most popular news in the world of sustainable transport and energy, including Tesla releasing its production and delivery numbers, software update version 9, Elon Musk's love story with the SEC, and electric vehicles in Paris.
The Electrek Podcast is me, Fred Lambert, editor-in-chief of Electrek, and Seth Weintraub, founder and publisher of Electrek and the 9to5 network, discussing all our top stories of the week while taking questions from our readers and highlighting the most insightful comments on the site.
The show is live every Friday at 4pm ET on Electrek’s Youtube channel, but this week is going to be different because Electrek's team is in Paris for the Mondial de l'Auto. Though we are going to start at the same time (10pm for us).
As a reminder we’ll have an accompanying post, like this one, on the site with an embedded link to the live stream. Head to the Youtube channel to get your questions and comments in.
After the show ends at around 5pm ET, the video will be archived on YouTube and the audio on all your favorite podcast apps through our RSS feed: https://electrek.co/podcastRSS. Grab the quick link to iTunes here.
We now have a Patreon if you want to help us to avoid more ads and invest more in our content. We have some awesome gifts for our Patreons and more coming.
Here are a few of the articles that we will discuss during the podcast today:
- Tesla produced a record ~80,000 vehicles in Q3 and deliveries could be even crazier
- Tesla confirms Q3 production: 80,000 vehicles and 83,500 deliveries – TSLA up
- ‘Tesla Model 3 is putting pressure on the market’, admits BMW
- Tesla is rolling out version 9 update, but it is pulling ‘Navigate on Autopilot’ for now, says Elon Musk
- Tesla updates referral program, new prizes include ‘early access to software updates’ and sending picture into space
- Tesla’s stock (TSLA) surges on Elon Musk’s SEC settlement and anticipation of the quarter’s numbers
- A closer look at Peugeot’s stunning new e-Legend electric vehicle
- Specialized shows off new 700 Wh Turbo Levo full suspension electric mountain bike
- Rayvolt Bikes combines high tech e-bike components with classy retro styling
- RAPIDE 3 commercial electric cargo scooter can charge up to 80% in 15 minutes
- KYMCO unveils Ionex Commercial, a B2B turnkey electric scooter suite with swappable batteries
Here’s the live stream for today’s episode starting at 4pm ET (or the video after 5pm ET):