Manage episode 230878372 series 2390494
Can you look in the mirror and say, “I love you”? Today’s guest explains why this is important, along with cultivating a passion for lifelong learning and learning that you can’t carry the negative emotions of those around you. Dive in deep with us!
Shannon Meade is a homeschooling mom of two boys who is a Pacific Northwest native but also a global traveler. Most recently, she took her family to Thailand for 14 months to provide space and time for them all to be together and to provide her husband a respite from his busy career as a 911 dispatcher. As the “Queen of Ease,” Shannon offers workshops and speaks to women about their inner critic and ways to foster better relationships with themselves.
- Shannon’s intense passion for being a learner, embracing new ideas, and understanding and connecting people to the resources they need
- Why Shannon loves “slow traveling” to get a feel for other environments
- Shannon’s intensity in getting fired up about things and not letting them go
- How she’s learned not to carry other people’s emotions and to let heavy emotions go
- Shannon’s cultural factors that affected her intensity in childhood
- With a bipolar dad, she had to tone down and tune out to tiptoe around his mood swings
- How she would “push buttons” on purpose just so she could have some control over family meltdowns and blowups
- How Shannon’s intensity got out of control with interactions with her sister
- How Shannon sees the gift in her intensity and can speak to others’ needs for insight and resources
- How Shannon harnessed the power of her intensity by working with a hypnotherapist and life coach
- How this podcast and a book by Suzanne Mathis McQueen helped Shannon
- How Shannon learned to let go of the “shoulds”
- How Shannon uses her fire in a positive way by engaging as a learner
- Shannon’s work in hosting retreats and speaking to women’s groups
- How we can overcome the polarizing effect by finding similarities and common threads with others
- Why you should say “I love you” to yourself
129 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 36 mins duration .