Manage episode 212187320 series 2390494
Do you know kids living on the fringes? Kids living on the fringes are the passion of today’s guest, Heather Boorman. Heather is a writer, public speaker, podcaster and Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Heather is the founding member and therapist at Boorman Counseling, LLC in Western Wisconsin. Additionally, Heather serves on the Board of Directors for the Wisconsin Association for the Gifted and Talented. Heather will be speaking with Aurora at the San Diego Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG) Conference in July.
Heather is the co-host of the Fringy Bit Podcast and has a book, The Gifted Needs Workbook, coming out August 1. I hope to have some copies available for pre-release at the SENG Conference. Heather is a homeschool mom to three fringy kids which further fuels her advocacy for kids living on the fringes.
More in this episode:
• Being real is freeing!
• Chances are that you contributed to the giftedness of your children.
• Claim your own giftedness.
• Until we can model our giftedness, misperceptions by others will continue to exist.
• Confidence comes from really knowing yourself; faults and positive traits.
• Intensity for adults may mean going “full in”.
• Gifted children may process themselves inwardly.
• Internal intensity may make deep connections with others difficult.
• Children need the security to be/express themselves.
• Culture may inhibit one’s ability to express himself.
• Mindfulness helps me have peace and calm.
• Introverts need personal time to be able to focus on themselves.
• The Fringy Bit Podcast helps you to you understand your own/ kids’ fire.
• Everyone struggles with doubts and fears.
How to donate to help keep the podcast going via Patreon:
Wherever You Go, There You Are, by Jon Kabat-Zinn
Living With Intensity, by Susan Daniels and Michael M. Piechowski
Self Reg, by Dr. Stuart Shanker
Connect with Heather:
142 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 37 mins duration .