Manage episode 213560661 series 2149383
For the fourth time, listeners provide questions and Rhiannon and Matt answer!
In this episode:
- Was Livia the scheming sociopath that Robert Graves portrayed?
- What is the difference between Caesar and Augustus? Are the titles the same?
- What did the Romans write their manuscripts on?
- How did the Romans picture the shape of their empire?
- Could a senator quit the senate?
- What were the limitations of Roman naming conventions?
- Would Donald Trump make a good Roman Emperor?
- What happened between Caesar and Titus Labienus?
- What are some of the lesser known Roman gods?
- Did Caesar actually say 'I came, I saw, I conquered'?
Guest: Dr Rhiannon Evans (Senior Lecturer, Classics and Ancient History, La Trobe University)
131 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 28 mins duration .