Manage episode 227542338 series 92743
Learn how art and the written word can be a powerful tool for confronting our mortality.
My guest Lindsay Tunkl is a conceptual artist and writer who explores subjects such as death, heartbreak, and the apocalypse. Her work has been shown at galleries in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Today she will talk about her book “When You Die You Will Not Be Scared To Die” and her workshop Parting Practice: Rituals for Endings and Failure.
Learn more at Lindsay’s website:
This interview includes:
- How Lindsay’s fear of death inspired her to approach it through her art
- Why the fear of death should not be shamed
- How both death and emotionality are banished in our society
- Description of Lindsay’s book of meditations
- How the book can be used for a contemplative/journaling practice
- The importance of both the mundane and the profound in life
- How to reframe death by writing lists similar to the book
- The ability to plan ahead for death is actually a luxury that is not afforded to everyone
- How to use the book as a tool for exploring mortality in conversation
Links mentioned in this episode:
198 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .