Manage episode 231341978 series 92743
Learn about home funerals and green burials and how to plan ahead for a personalized, Earth-friendly end of life.
My guest Lucinda Herring has worked at the cutting edge of the green funeral movement for more than twenty years. Today she is one of the leading voices for more healing and ecological ways to care for our dead. She will discuss how we can prepare in advance for after-death care, including her new book “Reimagining Death: Stories and Practical Wisdom for Home Funerals and Green Burials.”
Learn more at Lucinda’s website:
This interview includes:
- What are “advance after-death care directives”
- Three stages of dying and death
- Why it is important to plan ahead for after death
- Current options for green burial
- Laws and regulations governing green burial
- Benefits of home funerals for families and the dying
- Obstacles to home funerals and green burials
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Spiritual Journeys in Chronic Illness Course
- Beautiful Dying Expo – Nov. 2-3, 2019 – San Diego CA
- Reimagining Death by Lucinda Herring
- National Home Funeral Alliance
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the new EOLU mug (only Patrons can purchase it)!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on Patreon.com/eolu, especially my new Patrons, Sara Tinnesz and Rachel Giger.
202 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .