Manage episode 231796258 series 92743
Learn how love can transform and heal our lives even during our last days.
In Part 6 of the Mortal Wisdom Series I’ll discuss how our broken hearts allow us to expand our capacity to carry and transmit pure Love. Throughout life we are broken open by love in many different ways and must learn to remain open to love rather than hardened and resistant to it so that we can find peace at the end of life. These are the lessons we can learn from our mortality and how to thrive in life while knowing that death awaits. Listen to Parts 1- 5 first if you haven’t heard them yet!
This episode includes:
- The story of my “Love Project”
- The importance of love for those at the end of life
- How forgiveness makes room for even greater love
- The many ways love can break our hearts
- Why we need to remain open to love even after we have been hurt
- The “violin metaphor” and why we should allow love to hollow us out
- Practices for opening to love
Carry your heart through this world like a life-giving sun.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Spiritual Journeys in Chronic Illness Course
- Beautiful Dying Expo – Nov. 2-3, 2019 – San Diego CA
- Mortal Wisdom Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5
- The Tao of Death available on Amazon
- Join the team at Patreon.com/eolu and get access to the new EOLU mug (only Patrons can purchase it)!
If you enjoy this content please share it with others and consider leaving a review on iTunes! Thanks again to all supporters on Patreon.com/eolu, especially my new Patrons, Meina Dubetz and Deborah Luscomb!
202 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .