Manage episode 191699207 series 1615
Sponsor:This holiday season give the gift of health, wellness and elevated performance–whether to yourself or to a loved one. Just head to enduranceplanet.com/shop for a bunch of cool products and services we’ve come to love, use and endorse. Everything we offer is centered around helping you achieve the ultimate in health and performance. Also when you shop through endurance planet you directly help support the podcast so we can continue to provide you with great content always for free… The new year and new season is coming, why not give the gift of health and performance optimization!
Sponsor:The holidays are upon us! When you do your holiday (or personal) shopping on Amazon, make sure to support EP! It’s super easy: Just be sure to open Amazon via enduranceplanet.com—it’s just one extra click to link to Amazon through the sidebar banner (to the right) or click the Amazon links in the show notes. Thanks for supporting the show.
Anna Vocino is an actress, standup comedian and co-host on America’s Angriest Trainer Podcast with Vinnie Tortorich. She has a fabulous cookbook called Eat Happy, with gluten-free, grain-free and low-carb recipes, which was largely inspired by the diet changes she made after being diagnosed with Celiac Disease.
On this show we discuss:
- Anna’s story of finding out she had celiac disease and how it changed her life and how she ate.
- Taking a more functional approach to her condition and making diet changes to get her health back.
- Transitioning to gluten-free.
- Making gluten-free healthy not just another processed-food junk diet.
- It’s not just gluten, but dairy that is a big offender in athletes and those with autoimmune conditions.
- Dairy-free cheese options.
- Vinnie’s Fitness Confidential book.
- When Anna hooked up with Vinnie on the podcast she was inspired to go a step further and adopt a “no sugar no grains” (NSNG) diet, and discusses how this helped her further, especially in managing autoimmune flareups.
- Making healthy, clean eating enjoyable for the whole family.
- The recipes in Eat Happy are a great resource for athletes looking to clean up their diets or those who have gut issues like you.
- The inspiration to write a cookbook and why it’s no easy feat.
- Including desserts with low amounts of natural sugars – moderation!
- Real sugars vs sugar substitutes.
- And much more!
207 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 75 mins duration .