Dr. Phil Maffetone 25: Steps To Naturally Overcome Seasonal Allergies, Social Distancing From Sugar, and More
Manage episode 262620181 series 1615
Sponsor:Be sure to open Amazon via enduranceplanet.com—it’s just one extra click to link to Amazon through the ads on the sidebar banner or the Amazon search bar (to the right of the page), or click the Amazon links in the show notes. Thanks for supporting the show!
We are back with Dr. Phil Maffetone to discuss some of his new published articles and help you get to the bottom of your seasonal allergies.
- Phil Maffetone and Paul Laursen: Maximum Aerobic Function: Clinical Relevance, Physiological Underpinnings, and Practical Application
- Phil Maffetone and Paul Laursen: The Perfect Storm: Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic Meets Overfat Pandemic
- The coronavirus is found in a higher prevalence in people who are overfat or have downstream chronic diseases and inflammation that overfat causes.
- Tale of two pandemics
- Phil Maffetone: SPECIAL REPORT: COVID Recovery
- Now is not the time for politics, but for public health.
- We, as individuals, can create change.
- Seasonal allergies:
- If you have seasonal allergies, it means your health is impaired on some level. Because of that impairment, you’re not going to burn as much fat at the higher heart rate you wish you could maintain in training; therefore, you have to train at a lower heart rate to maintain a higher level of fat burning.
- The 180 Formula
- If you get more than two colds, infections, or bouts of flu per year, that is too many.
- Steps to improve your gut health:
- Get rid of junk food and sugar.
- If you still have problems after removing junk food and sugar, you may have to eliminate certain foods.
- If you’re still having issues, you may want to take a test (e.g., stool test).
- If you’re still having issues, you may need to see a Gastroenterologist.
- It will take time to heal your gut.
- Supplements; keep it simple!
- MAF training and gut health