Manage episode 184421818 series 1451691
The reason that weight loss is such a transformative journey is because you can’t escape yourself. You are left alone with your thoughts and everything that you let come into your mind influences how you feel – both physically and emotionally.
This often influences how you act and the decisions you make.
What’s popular in our culture is to focus on the “exterior” — appearance, weight, skin, cellulite, wrinkles but it’s far less popular to delve into the “inner” stuff, your feelings.
Yet your feelings make up so much of who you are and why you do the things that you do.
Do you only feel comfortable with “good” feelings – you know, joy, excitement, happiness? What do you do with the harder ones, things like sadness, anger, disappointment, loneliness, resentment?
Most women push their feelings down. In fact, this whole episode started by me writing this post and suggesting that feeling your feelings was the *most* important thing you could learn how to do. Otherwise, they stay trapped inside of you, keeping you stuck.
Do you push your feelings aside and use your intellect to try and cope with your feelings? You know that doesn’t work.
In this episode you will…
- Realize how important it is to separate your value from your accomplishments
- Recognize how weight loss is intimately connected to your core suppressed feelings
- Learn how you’ve picked people in your life to help you grow and heal – even if it feels like they mostly challenge you
- Be able to understand if and where you are blocked and how to move through that so you can finally feel confident in your ability to succeed with your health goals
- Understand how detrimental it is to withdraw and isolate yourself, yet so many women do this.
This is one of my most personal podcast episodes to date. I’d love it if you could share in the comments what you thought about it.
19 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 34 mins duration .