Manage episode 236955460 series 2472378
In this "Reflections" episode,Teri and Michael reflect back on episodes on the criminal justice system - Episode 47: Dorchen Leidholdt on incarcerated women and survivors of gender-based violence, Episode 48: Dawn Elizabeth Wilcox of Women Count USA on femicide as a national crisis, Episode 49: Rachel Louise Snyder on “No Visible Bruises” and domestic violence as intimate partner terrorism, and Episode 50: Richie Reseda on teaching feminism to reduce recidivism.
Teri and Michael co-host the en(gender)ed reflections episodes which serve to help curate a series of past episodes, usually around a specific theme. We hope these episodes help listeners coming in at that point of the podcast identify particular episodes and themes that they may want to explore. During our reflection, we talked about these additional resources:
- The United Nations Study on Global Homicides: Gender-Related Killings of Women & Girls
- Myths and actual rates of false reporting in sexual violence cases and the original research paper from a 10-year study by David Lisak et al.
- Ibram Kendi's reflections on systemic racism and his book, Stamped from the Beginning
- Here is information on the ERA and CEDAW
- The effects of aging on recidivism amongst federal offenders
Thanks for tuning in to the en(gender)ed podcast!
Consider donating because your support is what makes this work sustainable.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show!