Manage episode 241473341 series 2472378
In this "Reflections" episode,Teri and Michael reflect back on episodes on the women and technology - Episode 57: Nicole Lazzaro on gender and women in technology, Episode 58: LeBaron Meyers on #NotMe as a mobile solution to workplace misconduct, and Episode 59: #SurvivorStories series with “Ashley” on the dangers of technology–cyberstalking and surveillance.
Teri and Michael co-host the en(gender)ed reflections episodes which serve to help curate a series of past episodes, usually around a specific theme. We hope these episodes help listeners coming in at that point of the podcast identify particular episodes and themes that they may want to explore. During our reflection, we talked about these additional resources:
- The connection between video games and gun violence
- "The men behind the US's deadliest mass shootings have domestic violence — not mental illness — in common"
- "A Common Trait Among Mass Killers: Hatred Toward Women"
- "Armed and Misogynist: How Toxic Masculinity Fuels Mass Shootings"
- Hasan Minhaj's episode on "The Dark Side of the Video Game Industry"
- Anita Sarkeesian and GamerGate
- The myth of false reporting and statistics behind it
- Teri's interview with the "I Can't Believe It's Not News" podcast on "PAS" or "Parental Alienation Syndrome" as an abuser tactic
Thanks for tuning in to the en(gender)ed podcast!
Consider donating because your support is what makes this work sustainable.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show!