Manage episode 245801307 series 2472378
On this episode of en(gender)ed, our guest is Vanessa Dawson, CEO and Founder of the Vinetta Project, a global eco-system designed to help high-growth female founders secure the mentorship, funding and support they need to scale their business successfully. By offering access to resources, Vinetta is creating a diverse and inclusive environment that supports the advancement of women and other marginalized groups. Since 2013, Vinetta has facilitated the flow of more than $180 million in funding toward tech in companies founded by women. We speak with Vanessa today about working at the intersection of gender and economic justice, closing the gender funding gap for female tech founders.
During our conversation, Vanessa and I referenced the following resources and topics:
- "Funding For Female Founders Stalled at 2.2% of VC Dollars in 2018"
- Unconscious bias
- The HBR article: "Male and Female Entrepreneurs Get Asked Different Questions by VCs — and It Affects How Much Funding They Get"
- How the Vinetta Project uses the four pillars of capital to help female tech founders
- The work of the National Women's Business Council
- David Letterman's interview with Melinda Gates about how feminist informs her thinking on policy
Thanks for tuning in to the en(gender)ed podcast!
Consider donating because your support is what makes this work sustainable.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show!