Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on January 03, 2021 03:40 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 267910645 series 2456393
In this "Reflections" episode,Teri and Michael reflect back on episodes on women, gender, and democracy: Episode 103: Jenna Spinelle of the “Democracy Works” podcast on COVID-19, the media, and elections, Episode 105: Jen Senko on “The Brainwashing of My Dad” and right-wing media’s impact on our democracy, Episode 107: Christina Hu on the importance of minority civic engagement to democracy, Episode 109: Erin Vilardi of “Vote Run Lead” on its work to train and elect more women to elected office, and Episode 110: Jordan Zaslow on “Women for the Win” and gender equality in government.
During our conversation, Michael and I touched upon the following resources in our conversation:
- The myth of "voter fraud" and actual statistics
- Republican efforts to suppress voting rights
- Ivanka Trump's Goya endorsement, now under an ethics investigation
- Andrew Yang's campaign platforms as it related to diversity in representation
- Kamala Harris and Mindy Kaling bonding over dosa
- McConnell's proposal for five year corporate immunity
- Judge Ester Salas son's alleged murderer and his identity as an "anti-feminist" and male supremacist
Thanks for tuning in to the en(gender)ed podcast!
Join our feminist community of survivors, advocates and allies!
Consider donating because your support is what makes this work sustainable.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show!