Manage episode 234992078 series 2456393
In this "Reflections" episode,Teri and Michael reflect back on episodes on body literacy - Episode 42: Amanda Laird on menstrual equity as a human right, Episode 43: Professor Spring Cooper on the importance of sexual health and agency, , Episode 44: Georgie Barden on fertility literacy as a form of reproductive choice and freedom, and Episode 45: Nicole Perry on being a feminist therapist.
Teri and Michael co-host the en(gender)ed reflections episodes which serve to help curate a series of past episodes, usually around a specific theme. We hope these episodes help listeners coming in at that point of the podcast identify particular episodes and themes that they may want to explore. During our reflection, we talked about these additional resources:
- A menstrual cup called the Diva Cup
- What is Toxic Shock Syndrome?
- Information on the gender health gap (which we mistakenly refer to as the gender "care" gap in this episode)
- Information on the race gap in healthcare
- Information on the maternal healthcare crisis facing black women
- How sexual agency is important for your health
- Our interview with Tom Digby about the construction of masculinity and his book, Love and War: How Militarism Shapes Sexuality and Romance
- Supreme Court case overturning precedent, foreshadowing future decisions, potentially, on Roe v. Wade
- The lack of accountability over custody evaluators
Thanks for tuning in to the en(gender)ed podcast!
Consider donating because your support is what makes this work sustainable.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show!