Manage episode 244624523 series 2456393
In this "Reflections" episode,Teri and Michael reflect back on episodes on the weaponization of motherhood - Episode 67: Bethany Johnson and Maggie Quinlan on “You’re Doing It Wrong! Mothering, Media and Medical Expertise,” Episode 68: Indra Lusero of the National Advocates for Pregnant Women on Reproductive Justice as a Human Right, Episode 69: #SurvivorStories Series with Jessica Ingels on courts giving custody to abusers, and Episode 70: Follow up to #SurvivorStories Series with Jessica Ingels–on courts giving custody to abusers.
Teri and Michael co-host the en(gender)ed reflections episodes which serve to help curate a series of past episodes, usually around a specific theme. We hope these episodes help listeners coming in at that point of the podcast identify particular episodes and themes that they may want to explore. During our reflection, we talked about these additional resources:
- The film, the Joker, and its portrayal of victim-blaming victims of domestic violence
- Our interview with Rachel Louise Snyder on her book, No Visible Bruises
- The Business of Being Born documentary
- Black mother mortality rate
- So you want to talk about race by Ijeoma Oluo
- The Equal Rights Amendment and the documentary Equal Means Equal
- The discredited Bell Curve book and its idea that there was a correlation with race and lower IQ
Thanks for tuning in to the en(gender)ed podcast!
Consider donating because your support is what makes this work sustainable.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show!