Manage episode 247123098 series 2456393
In this "Reflections" episode,Teri and Michael reflect back on episodes on feminist practices in business: Episodes 72 & 73: CV Harquail on her book “Feminism–A Key Idea for Business and Society,” Episode 74: Vanessa Dawson of the Vinetta Project on investing in female tech founders, Episodes 75 & 76: Susan Basterfield and Gina Stevens-Rembe on Enspiral and its feminist business ecosystem.
Teri and Michael co-host the en(gender)ed reflections episodes which serve to help curate a series of past episodes, usually around a specific theme. We hope these episodes help listeners coming in at that point of the podcast identify particular episodes and themes that they may want to explore. During our reflection, we talked about these additional resources:
- An article on "How the US employee benefits compares to Europe's"
- "What caused the decline of unions in America?"
- The practice of "land acknowledgement" shared in Episode 72.
- Radiolab's "Dolly Parton's America" series
- Rush Limbaugh's coining of the term "feminazi" to silence women and contribute to a decades long assault on discrediting women's efforts for equality and women's rights
- The Netflix documentary on the history of women's reproductive rights called "Reversing Roe"
- Senator Elizabeth Warren's proposed wealth tax plan and calculator
- The video Michael referenced with the wealthy man balking at the idea of a wealth tax
- The high rates of domestic abuse within the law enforcement profession
Thanks for tuning in to the en(gender)ed podcast!
Consider donating because your support is what makes this work sustainable.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show!