Manage episode 242175856 series 1417459
A World of Creativity is a special interview series within Enhancing the Human Experience co-hosted by myself and Mark Stinson. In this series, we talk with successful people from around the globe to find out how they get inspired, where their ideas come from, and how they apply creativity in their business and personal lives. Scroll to the end of this post to listen to prior episodes in this series.
This week Mark went back to his library to find another book with a message to help you cultivate more creativity in your business and your life.
Stuart Brown is the founder of The National Institute for Play.
In this episode, Mark shares the 6 step framework for Play:
- Anticipation – The first thing about play is the anticipation. You can’t wait to go outside and play or start the game. This creates an eagerness to do it.
- Surprise – There is an element of surprise in play.
- Pleasure – Play is enjoyable.
- Understanding – You learn about yourself and others when you’re playing.
- Strength – When you play you gain strength; mentally, physically, emotionally, and intellectually. You also improve your stamina and state of mind.
- Poise – You develop poise when you play. The more you play the better you relate to yourself and other players. You’re also able to be coached better.
The author encourages us to answer the following questions:
- When have you felt free to be and do what you choose?
- Is there a part of your life right now that play fits into.
- What do you feel stands in the way of your achieving more personal time for play?
- Are you able to feel what engages you the most effortlessly, because it’s play?
We’re also encouraged us to expose ourselves to more play in our daily lives.
Do you have a favorite book that helps you create more success in your business or your life? Let us know in the comment section below.
Listen to prior episodes in this series:
Thanks for listening!
I hope you enjoyed this episode. If you did, share it with a friend and subscribe on your favorite podcast app. You can also listen to every episode of Enhancing The Human Experience on YouTube.
All the best!
P.S. – Have you visited the Focus & Flow store yet? If not, what are you waiting for? You’ll find all sorts of products and apparel you’ll enjoy using and wearing that will also help you consciously create and live the life you want. While you’re there be sure to subscribe to the mailing list so you can stay in the loop with all of the new things coming down the line!