Manage episode 215289099 series 2334484
A reactive dog can be a heartbreaking situation for someone who has big goals. Especially when that dog is supposed to be an agility superstar and ends up biting someone out of fear. What do you do when something serious happens? How do you turn that around? Cindy joins Kathy on this episode of Enlightened By Dogs to share Lyric’s story of trust, and triumph!
In This Episode
- A dream that turned into a reactive nightmare
- When all of the typical things don’t work, what am I supposed to do?
- Revisiting the baby steps and building trust
- Taking the pressure off and getting into the ring
- Advice for new dog lovers and trainers, and the impact of a strong relationship
“All my hopes and dreams were going down the drain” - Cindy
“I was trying so hard to help her and I couldn’t help her” - Cindy
“We have to work really hard at forgiving ourselves” - Kathy
“The trust comes when your dog knows that you understand them” - Kathy
“No matter how positive the reinforcement is, it’s still pressure” - Kathy
“It’s a way of life rather than a training program” - Cindy
“We can’t fix anybody else but we can certainly control how we react to things and how we approach things” - Cindy
“You gotta let go and trust your feelings” - Cindy
Register for Kathy’s free Brilliant Partners Workshop!
Dog Behaviour Breakthrough: A Relationship Revolution