Manage episode 227999807 series 2334484
Welcome to the Enlightened by Dogs podcast. In this episode, Kathy discusses the issue of our dogs being distracted, unfocused, and failing to listen. It is frustrating and difficult when we encounter this behavioral concern, but it is a common problem and you are not alone.
Kathy compares the difficulty level of humans to keep focused. Typically we expect our dogs to pick up the slack for us. When this does not occur we can become frantic. But, there is a simple piece that we often forget. The answer doesn’t have to be overly complicated and it has to do with the human-dog connection.
Listen to find out:
- How can you keep your dog focused in all circumstances?
- What causes our dogs to be distracted or unfocused?
- What happens when our dogs don’t have an understanding of what we’re trying to teach them?
- What specific part of our relationship with our dog can change this unwanted behavior?
- Kathy’s solution to distraction!
“We are inside our head and our dog is out there on their own.”
“The reality is they’re [our dogs] lost and lonely because are no longer present with them.”
“It’s not really your dog’s fault.”
Register for Kathy’s Free Partnership Workshop!
Transform Your Rocky Relationship with Your Dog into A Brilliant Partnership
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 26 mins duration .