Manage episode 228999457 series 2334484
Welcome to the Enlightened by Dogs Podcast hosted by Kathy Kawalec. This is a podcasts about dogs that focuses on the human-dog connection and working together through partnership. In this episode Kathy discusses listening--receiving information from our dogs. Listen for strategies that will inspire. If you’ve had the thought that your dog is stubborn, won’t listen, doesn’t care about what you’re asking them to do . . . today’s episode will help solve those problematic thoughts. Today Kathy speaks about:
- How we’re misunderstanding our dog’s communicative behavior
- How we often jump to the wrong conclusion when our dogs are not behaving in the way we request
- How we’re failing to dialogue and what that means
- Kathy discusses some stories regarding today’s topic
- Why a deep resounding connection with dogs can immediately change behavior
- How this issue is not a failure in training.
“Our dogs are driven by the same sort drivers that humans have, in the context of social intelligence.”
“Clarity is kindness.”
“We look back at our training and we can’t always put our finger on what the quote unquote training issue is.”
“When we can’t train away the problem we often conclude that our dog has her own agenda or his own agenda.”
“We are both (dogs and humans) driven by similar needs relative to our status as socially intelligent, thinking, feeling, sentient being.”
“Dogs thrive when they are a contributing and valued and loved member of a well functioning family group.”
Register for Kathy’s Free Partnership Workshop.
Transform Your Rocky Relationship with Your Dog into A Brilliant Partnership
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 26 mins duration .