Manage episode 231337825 series 2334484
Have you noticed that you and your dog(s) need a bit of a stress reset? What does relaxed and happy look like in our everyday life? In this episode, Kathy shares how to identify where you and your dog are happy, what increases your stress, and the importance of living in the safe, calm, happy zone.
- Making sure our needs are met, as well as our dog’s needs, allows more fruitful communication.
- How long does it take for cortisol (stress hormone) to be flushed from (yours and your dog’s) the system?
- The answer will shock you!
- What happens when we take a breath and reset?
- For us as humans
- For our dogs
- A heart-warming, inspiring story about Bettina's rescue dog Murphy
- Living the Brilliant Partnership way of life with Mary’s new puppy Milo
“Our brains want to keep us in the comfort zone, even if the comfort zone is the most unbelievably uncomfortable place ever.”
“It takes us stepping back and saying, ‘wait a minute, this isn’t working’.”
“The reason it works and they had such a phenomenal turn around is because the humans committed themselves to being brilliant partners! They committed themselves to understanding, communicating, to not trying to fix their dog, the stuff we normally do and learn how to live.”
Want More of Kathy?
Would you like to know Kathy’s three secret formulas for having a happy relationship with your dog? Attentiveness? Responsiveness? You can! Kathy is offering them a big “thank you” for rating and reviewing the show on iTunes!
64 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 25 mins duration .