Manage episode 231786638 series 2334484
Did you know the smaller baby steps you take the quicker you are to attain your goals? In this episode Kathy discusses the comfort zone that exists for us and our dogs. We can learn how to be good role models, loving leaders who are able to set appropriate boundaries. When we do this our dogs are much happier and blossom.
- When we take huge steps toward our goal, which is outside of our comfort zone, often we backslide and diminish confidence for both ourselves and our dogs
- Setting ourselves up for failure
- Diminishes trust between us and our dogs
- Taking teeny-tiny baby steps expands our relationship and our understanding
- Kathy shares a story about Hailey and her anxious/over aroused dog
- Worried about environment, scanning, barking, leash-pulling
- The amazing breakthrough that brightened their partnership relationship
“We keep measuring where we are by where we want to be.”
“You’re here because you want to do right by your dog.”
“It’s almost like it seems too simple to work.”
“We insist on plans even if it might be too much for us or our dogs.”
Want More of Kathy?
Would you like to know Kathy’s three secret formulas for having a happy relationship with your dog? Attentiveness? Responsiveness? You can! Kathy is offering them a big “thank you” for rating and reviewing the show on iTunes!
64 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 25 mins duration .