Manage episode 232337276 series 2334484
Ever wondered who is responsible for your partnership? What does a brilliant partnership look like? That’s exactly what Kathy discusses in this episode of Enlightened by Dogs. Habits can be hard to break and our host recommends we break them fast as to not allow unwanted behavior or habits to continue. We have to stop putting our dogs in the position to behave “badly” and stop our reactions to it. If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got.
- How do we go about escalating an ask?
- Using the 95% rule
- Responsibility as Kathy and her dogs have come to understand it!
- Saying aloud, “Who is responsible for this?”
- Emotions trigger a pivot to a new thought process
- The process will unfold and you will find the answer
- With practice, the process goes faster and the situation changes in mere seconds
- Empowering yourself and your dogs
“I’m not perfect and my dogs aren’t perfect…and that’s ok!”
“No matter what, I can get to this: what got us here are all 100% my choices.”
“What did I learn from this and what am I going to do differently next time?”
“I laugh out loud and that will typically instantly defuse my frustration, and give me a fresh perspective.”
“I am better prepared to learn how to be different.”
“It’s all about learning to be the kind of benevolent, loving, clear, and congruent leader that our dogs love to follow.”
Want More of Kathy?
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 26 mins duration .