Manage episode 234614595 series 2334484
When Kathy heard about Maya, she felt compelled to see what this little Border Collie was all about. Maya needed a home to call her own with someone who could communicate on her level. She found that home, and that person with Kathy. She also found a bunch of other dog friends, and some interesting reactions to them! Maya’s story is one filled with excitement, a willingness to learn and an eagerness to work. But it wasn’t without challenges. Tune in to this episode of Enlightened By Dogs to hear all about her rescue rehab story!
- How hard can it be to train a border collie?
- The longest leashing in history and emergency dental surgery.
- Building a foundation with a wild and compulsive herding dog.
- How past punishment impacted Maya’s personality.
- How Kathy nurtured a brilliant partnership with Maya.
“Shaking my head at the failure of her 3 previous owners to train her, I pondered: How hard can it be to train a 6 month old Border Collie?”
“Maya's rehab focused on my number one rule: Don’t ask your dog to do a thing unless you’re 95% or more certain that your dog can do the thing.”
“I heard her needs and I worked on our partnership foundation at her pace.”
Want More of Kathy?
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 26 mins duration .