Manage episode 228747364 series 2334484
Welcome to the Enlightened by Dogs podcast hosted by Kathy Kawalec. This dog podcast is all about the human-dog connection and partnership we share with our dogs. In this episode, Kathy has a very special guest, Sue who is a dog behaviorist. When Sue adopted Charlie, a rescue dog, and saw his behavior issues, she realized she needed to have more information about dogs. Training and behavior meet heart and soul.
Listen to find out more on Sue and Charlie’s inspirational and educational journey. Find out:
- Behaviors that Charlie demonstrated which caused Sue alarm
- Sue describes Jekyll and Hyde
- Learning triggers
- What helped Charlie overcome his fears and negative behaviors
- Function differences between being in class and then outside class/home
- Trials with tips, strategies, and products
- The event Sue calls the turning point with Charlie
- What now?
- Sue describes feeling frustrated and struggling with the disharmony between Charlie’s behavior and her family
- What immediately halted Sue’s desire to give up and return Charlie to the rescue center
- The mind-shift and actions that helped both Sue and Charlie achieve progress
- And gave them a deep resounding connection
“I was asking him to do my bidding instead of listening to what he needed.”
“I became a better listener”
“The family including our dogs went on a mega-adventure and the dogs were amazing.”
“I didn’t train him not to chase sheep.”
“We learned together. He learned to trust me.”
“Clarity chart was key. What became important was for me to focus on him and not the distraction.”
Register for Kathy’s Free Partnership Workshop.
Transform Your Rocky Relationship with Your Dog into A Brilliant Partnership
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 26 mins duration .