Enlightened Entrepreneurial Badasses | Mindset | Brain Performance | Personal Development | Health | Personal Growth
52: How the Word 'Should' Creates Pressure & Anxiety
Manage episode 158481919 series 169966
The word 'should' is not very useful.
It creates a feeling that there is 'one way' to do something that you must adhere to.
Or that you are failing because you're not in line with some image of where you 'should' be.
All this does nothing but create pressure and anxiety within us.
We start to punish ourselves for not adhering to all these 'shoulds' and it just all creates a shitty, unproductive feeling.
And that's what I talk about in the podcast this week.I talk about...
- How the word 'should' creates anxiety and pressure.
- Why we create these shoulds.
- One word to start replacing 'should' with to relieve anxiety and pressure.
- How to stop feeling pressured by what you feel like you should do.
- Why looking into the past to say what you should have done is a bad idea.
Take a listen via the player at the top of the page.
Love, Laughter & Light, Mike
85 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 44 mins duration .