Manage episode 288936009 series 1652309
Zubin Koticha, CEO & Co-founder of Opyn, joined us again on the show to give us an update on Opyn v2.
Opyn v1 was focused on insurance. It's successor, Opyn v2, offers a more traditional options infrastructure. We discuss the problems of building trustless options infrastructure: choice of collateral, partial collateralization and efficient trading mechanisms for options.
Topics covered in this episode:
- An overview of Opyn v1 and the different options created by DeFi users
- How options in DeFi work
- What is new in Opyn v2
- How the oracle specification works
- Capital efficiency - nesting options for collateralization
- Fungibility of different options
- What makes Opyn different to other option platforms?
- Options and the AMM design
- Epicenter Episode 344 - Opyn
- A beginner's guide to options: Opyn v2
- Opyn GitHub
- Opyn on Twitter
- Zubin on Twitter
- ParaSwap: If you want to make a swap at the best price across the DeFi market, check out paraswap.io/epicenter. ParaSwap’s state-of-the-art algorithm beats the market price across all major DEXs and brings you the most optimized swaps with the best prices, and lowest slippage. *Terms and conditions apply.
This episode is hosted by Sunny Aggarwal & Friederike Ernst. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/385