Manage episode 226690366 series 1041502
In this episode of Escape Diet Prison, I am joined by Jennifer Rollin.
Jennifer Rollin, MSW, LCSW-C is a therapist and founder of The Eating Disorder Center, who specializes in working with teens and adults with eating disorders, including anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, & OSFED.
Jennifer has been named as one of the top eating disorder experts in the country by Balance Eating Disorder Treatment Center. She is on The Junior Board of Directors for The National Eating Disorders Association. She serves as the chairwoman of Project Heal’s national network of eating disorder treatment providers.
She has spoken about eating disorders on Fox 5, ABC 7, NBC 4, PBS, therapy centers, and national eating disorder conferences. Jennifer is a writer for The Huffington Post and Psychology Today. Her professional blog was named one of the top eating disorder blogs in the world.
Her past struggle with an eating disorder has inspired her passion for helping others to find freedom.
She works with individuals in her office in Rockville, MD, and worldwide via Zoom.
We talk about:
- Jennifer’s struggle with orthorexia and other iterations of eating disorders, how she reached out for help and what her recovery process was like
- Self-compassion in the process of recovery
- Healing your relationship to food and learning to accept where your body will end up on the weight spectrum
- How you can shift the focus from falling in love with your body to falling in love with your life
- Facing food fears in therapy
- How she found HAES and implements it in her work with clients
- Therapists approaching recovery from a weight-centric view point and what we can do to protect ourselves
- The never-ending question of being “sick enough” and how that holds us back from seeking help
- The fact that we can’t judge the severity of an eating disorder based on how someone looks like
- What to do when you lose hope
- What it means to have a positive relationship with food and your body
- Compulsive exercise and how to find your way back to a healthy relationship with movement
- Working with teens versus working with adults
- All the reasons why your appearance is not the most important or valuable thing about you
- The work it takes to remain chained to Dietland
- and so much more.
When you journal, magic ensues.
You begin to hear yourself, feel yourself and trust yourself more and more.
Check out my Email Series 365 Journaling Prompts for more Body-Confidence, Self-Love & Happiness. This soul-opening program will be delivered to your inbox every single day for a year. Get the details here.
Love and light,
Want more support? Join the free Escape Diet Prison Facebook group to engage with others who are on the same path as you. We can only grow if we surround ourselves with like-minded people. If you don’t, you’ll stay stuck and that is a promise.
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with others in your life who MUST listen to it right now. YOU are a change maker in this world and your voice needs to be heard.
Thanks for Subscribing to Escape Diet Prison:
Note: This podcasts is now also available on Stitcher!
159 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 35 mins duration .