Manage episode 244479344 series 1041502
In this episode of the Escape Diet Prison Podcast, I am excited to be joined by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD.
Evelyn is an award-winning registered dietitian, with a nutrition counseling practice in Newport Beach, California. She has written nine books including the bestsellers Healthy Homestyle Cooking and Intuitive Eating (co-author). Her newest book is the Intuitive Eating Workbook: Ten Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food.
Evelyn was the nutrition expert for Good Morning America, appearing from 1994-’95 and was a national spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association for 6 years. She was contributing editor for Shape magazine where her monthly column, Recipe Makeovers, appeared for 11 years.
She is often sought by the media for her nutritional expertise and has appeared on hundreds of interviews, including: CNN, Today Show, MSNBC, Fox News, USA Today, Wall St. Journal and People magazine.
As a speaker, Evelyn is passionate and has been called, “Wonderfully wise and funny”, whether providing a keynote or full-day workshop.
Achievements and honors include, receiving the American Dietetic Association’s Award for Excellence in Private Practice. Many national magazines have rated Evelyn as one of the best nutritionists in the country including: Self, Harper’s Bazaar, and Redbook magazine.
Evelyn qualified for the Olympic Trials in the first ever women’s marathon in 1984. Although she no longer competes, Evelyn runs for fun and is an avid skier and hiker. She also enjoys surfing, kayaking and white water rafting. Evelyn’s favorite food is chocolate, when it can be savored slowly.
We talk about:
- the basis behind Intuitive Eating and why she is so passionate about the research behind it
- how diet culture is co-opting the language of Intuitive Eating and what we can do about it
- Introceptive Awareness: what it is and how it can be measured
- why dieters crave carbs over broccoli
- how she got started and what has changed over the years in the field and directly related to Intuitive Eating
- why it’s understandable to have fears about weight gain and the uncertainty of letting go of dieting and why it’s worth to try it anyway
- the fact that no health professional can tell you what will happen to your body when you start to eat intuitively
- the difference between mindful eating and intuitive eating and why we can’t use the terms interchangeably
- the real and valid benefits of Intuitive Eating
- the question if you can really be addicted to food
- Primal hunger: what it is and why it happens
- food rules versus self-connection
- and so much more!
Resources we mention:
- the Center for Mindful Eating
- the Yale Food Addiction Scale
- Evelyn’s Instagram feed: https://www.instagram.com/evelyntribole/
Let’s escape diet prison together. Book your 30-minute Breakthrough Session and begin choosing yourself over and over and over again. No more body hatred. No more obsession with being thin. No more pain. You can turn it around. Starting now.
Love and light,
Want more support? Join the free Escape Diet Prison Facebook group to engage with others who are on the same path as you. We can only grow if we surround ourselves with like-minded people. If you don’t, you’ll stay stuck and that is a promise.
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with others in your life who MUST listen to it right now. YOU are a change maker in this world and your voice needs to be heard.
Thanks for Subscribing to Escape Diet Prison:
Note: This podcasts is now also available on Stitcher!
The post “Intuitive Eating is NOT about Dieting or Weight Loss” with Evelyn Tribole appeared first on Anne-Sophie Reinhardt.