Manage episode 221152793 series 1041502
With all the talk about weight and health, the mental health aspect of this construct is hardly ever considered.
All the thinness in the world doesn’t matter when your brain is unhealthy and when you are unhappy AF.
Despite the ignorance that our culture, as well as our medical and scientific establishment portrays, dieting leads to a decline in our mental health, which will ultimately impact our physical health in a myriad of ways.
The obsession, the shame, the constant guilt, the never ending scrutiny and the soul-crushing pressure to “be good” weigh on you and affect every part of your life in negative ways.
However, as we’re promised to enter heaven by losing weight and keeping it off, we put up with the ever-increasing burden that dieting entails. After all, NOTHING is as bad as living in a big(er) body, right?
Well, noooooooooo. Not. At. All.
It’s time to focus on actual aspects of health and wellbeing and to create a life that is build on real susbtance instead of an outer shell that’s falling apart.
In this episode of the Escape Diet Prison Podcast, we share 10 proven tools to support you in strengthening your mental health.
- Allow your emotions to flow freely.
- Don’t set yourself up for failure by having impossible standards of inner and outer perfection.
- Stop comparing your body and your life those of other people.
- Allow yourself to experience the common humanity and cut yourself some slack.
- Keep a gratitude journal, start tapping or begin a meditation practice.
- Prioritize sleep again!
- Go outside and allow nature to wrap you in a blanket of ease and comfort.
- Find a spiritual practice that helps you to ground yourself in who you are.
- Get help. Seriously.
Check out Deb’s blog “We are more than good enough” here.
Love and light,
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with others in your life who MUST listen to it right now.
Thanks for Subscribing to Escape Diet Prison:
Note: This podcasts is now also available on Stitcher!
P.S. Are you uneasy about the upcoming weeks?
Do the Holidays freak you out?
There is such a big fear around the stress, the overwhelm, the family gatherings, the Christmas parties and – of course – the FOOD that my clients are already getting anxious about it.
So, as I did last year, I’ll repeat the super impactful Coaching Series on how to get through the holidays without binges, food fear and with your body-confidence in tact.
We’ll cover the following topics:
- The secret to enjoying the holidays without depriving yourself or “losing (perceived) control”
- How to effortlessly deal with the guilt and anxiety that comes with eating “too much”
- The 3 major strategies to handle Christmas parties with ease and actually have fun
- The #1 reason women binge on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day even though they believe to “have it all under control”
- The 2 biggest mistakes women make approaching the holidays and this time of the year
- My 5 best tools to help you get rid of stress and the tensions that seem to arise whenever you focus on food all the time, connect with your loved ones instead of obsessing over the buffet and be in the spirit of giving instead of in the spirit of dieting
This will be a transformational and powerful experience and will only share tools that are completely doable – as to not add to the holiday stress.
When you sign up, you’ll be able to participate LIVE on the call and you’ll receive the recording within 24 hours after the call.
There’ll be time for Q&A. So you can bring your fears and concerns to the call and will receive coaching on your issue.
Sign up by clicking here.
159 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 35 mins duration .