Manage episode 234268954 series 1041502
In this episode of the Escape Diet Prison Podcast, I am joined by Lina Salazar of Live Well.
Lina coaches women and companies to harness internal tools to experience a mindset shift in how they think about their bodies and well-being. Drawing on personal life events associated with bulimia and binge eating, Lina empowers individuals to live a life led by self-awareness and freedom of choice. Lina’s teachings result from the mindset shift that began her recovery after two decades of failed therapy sessions, Prozac prescriptions, hypnosis, and even meeting a monk.
Previous to becoming a certified Health Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York, Lina worked in international development, moving to some of the world’s most coveted cities, including Paris, New York, and Washington, DC. Lina has a JD and holds two MPAs (Master of Public Administration), from Sciences Po in Paris and Columbia University in New York. In line with her passion with real food and sustainability, Lina is a Board Member at Community Foodworks, a non-profit based in D.C.
We talk about:
- Lina’s relationship with food growing up
- why she says she enjoyed being in diet prison as a young girl
- how your motivation behind your actions changes when you are in the process of healing your relationship with food
- the beauty obsession in Colombia
- how the messages about our bodies impact us in our childhood and beyond
- Lina’s obsessive relationships with men and how they affected her connection to her weight
- how our disordered relationship with food isolates and embitters us
- how to start a lasting meditation practice
- Get Some Headspace: 10 Minutes Can Make All the Difference byAndy Puddicombe (Affiliate Link)
- how perfectionism gets in the way of healing
- Check out my meditation album: Finally Free – Guided Meditations for Freedom from Emotional Eating
- how Lina dealt with her fears when challenging her comfort zone
- the importance of the right community
- how to figure out who you are beyond your body
- re-gaining the freedom of choice
Let’s escape diet prison together. Book your 30-minute Breakthrough Session and begin choosing yourself over and over and over again. No more body hatred. No more obsession with being thin. No more pain. You can turn it around. Starting now.
Love and light,
Want more support? Join the free Escape Diet Prison Facebook group to engage with others who are on the same path as you. We can only grow if we surround ourselves with like-minded people. If you don’t, you’ll stay stuck and that is a promise.
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with others in your life who MUST listen to it right now. YOU are a change maker in this world and your voice needs to be heard.
Thanks for Subscribing to Escape Diet Prison:
Note: This podcasts is now also available on Stitcher!
The post Re-gaining the Freedom of Choice with Lina Salazar appeared first on Anne-Sophie Reinhardt.