Manage episode 216547958 series 2437761
Would you like to learn how to use property as your vehicle for Escaping the Rat Race?
He continued to build his property portfolio to the point whereby at the age of 32 he was financially independent.
In 2003 he set up the property investors network (pin) which has now grown to be the largest network of monthly property meetings (52 around the UK) for anyone interested in learning how to become a successful property investor.
Most recently, Simon’s latest entrepreneurial venture was to come up with the idea of creating a property specialist peer to peer lending platform to facilitate loans between property professionals and private lenders. The platform is called CrowdProperty.
In this interview, Simon discusses why knowing yourself and finding others to help you is so important in the growth of your business, and his Five Golden Rules that anybody wishing to invest in property successfully absolutely must understand.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- Why your mindset will either be the number one thing that accelerates you or holds you back in your business
- How Simon ‘accidentally’ figured out how profitable property could be after purchasing his first house and renting out the rooms to his friends
- The point at which Simon’s Accountant said to him that he was earning more from his part-time property portfolio, than he was by working at his full time day job
- The circumstances that led to Simon actually starting the very first networking meeting for property investors in the UK in 2003 [Property Investors Network]
- Why schools are still teaching children to get good grades so that they can get a good job….even though many of the traditional jobs that exist today won’t still be in existence in the next 5-10 years
- Why it was by the request of a few people who wanted to accelerate their own personal knowledge around property investing that Simon put together his first training event to share his own knowledge to help others
- How the sooner you are able to bring people in to help you with your business and let you focus on your strengths, that’s when your business will really grow
- Simon’s Five Golden Rules that anybody wishing to invest in property successfully absolutely must understand
‘One of the most important things that is either going to help you move forward, or is going to hinder you going forward in your business, is absolutely your mindset’
‘The great thing about an investment like property, is that you work once...and you get paid forever.’
‘Whatever you want to do, don’t do it on your own. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel’
‘There are two great times to invest in property; one was about 10-15 years ago...and the other one is right now’
‘Stop trying to guess the market if you’re trying to invest in property, invest for the long-term’
‘If you’re educated, when everyone else is running for the hills, that’s when you can get some of the best [property] opportunities’
Links & Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Escape The Rat Race...within 12 months:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you would like to share?
And if you can spare two minutes, we’d love for you to leave us a review on iTunes