Manage episode 216547949 series 2437761
Have you reached a career crossroads? Are struggling to navigate your own way through the career transition maze?
My guest on the show today is Steve Preston. It’s nearly 17 years ago that, presented with the opportunity to relocate with his company, Steve made a defining career and life choice not to let an employer control his future any longer. This became the start of a journey into the unknown, a huge learning experience which saw Steve find new passions in career and personal development, helping him achieve his own successful career transition.
During our conversation you’re going to hear about the 6 step Career Navigation Cycle process which has been the catalyst to achieving many breakthrough career and life transitions for his own clients over the last 10 years.
Steve thrives on sharing his knowledge and experience to challenge your thinking about the world of work, and what work you would love to do each day if money were no object.
In this interview, Steve and I discuss the struggles, the fear and the process of how to get your career moving from where you are now as an employee, to what it takes to become a business owner. You’re also going to hear some wonderful perceptions into career success and the entrepreneurial mindset.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- The story behind Steve’s journey from becoming an employee to personal development coach, author, speaker and business owner.
- Why fear makes people go back to their comfort zone and spend their lives thinking ‘what if ‘
- Why other people have seamless transition and others struggle
- The important of making choice to do what you want
- How Steve started his first book and how that led to more opportunities after he became an Author
- The importance of shifting mindset to see possibility
- That everyone has the power and the thinking to be an entrepreneur
- Steve shares being proactive and positive can help you become successful
- Overview of the 6 step Career Navigation Cycle process
- Steve’s advice on finding the right mentor and the right opportunity
‘The biggest challenge that people have is the fear of failure, the reason why they have to go back to their comfort zone.’
‘Sometimes it just takes the guts to take the leap’
‘Everyone has the power and the thinking to be an entrepreneur’
‘You have the choice to do what you want, with who you want & the way you want’
‘It is not just because you are good at something doesn’t actually mean you are enjoying it or you have to carry on doing it’
‘You have to build the momentum and wait for the chain reaction.’
Links & Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Escape The Rat Race...within 12 months:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you would like to share? Send us a message
And if you can spare two minutes, we’d love for you to leave us a review on iTunes