Manage episode 231428233 series 1003037
Brian Fairbanks’ game Lost and Hound brings together a whole lot of his passions—from meaningful soundscapes, to accessibility, to dogs. In this episode, we start by talking about Host and Hound and end up talking about mainstream games that are (often, accidentally) accessible, audiogames that are build from the ground up for blind players (and are pretty compelling to sighted players, too), and the importance of empathy and compassion in everything, always. And yes, Brian and I do both have scalding-hot takes on Sekiro.
Speaking of: There’s one pretty specific mechanical SPOILER for (the New Game Plus part of) Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice from 37:47 to 39:40.
• Hayley uses this 3D-printable doodad by Vexelius for one-handed Switch play. I got hers printed for her by Perry1 on 3D Hubs.
• It looks like the part about Babel in Film Crit Hulk’s Iñárritu essay may have been disappeared for some reason—and if there’s some good reason for its disappearance, please do @ me—but said section lives on in this Reddit post.
• Here’s A Hero’s Call.
• And here’s Swamp and Aprone’s other accessible games and tools.
• AudioGames.net is imminently worth taking out in general.
• Pokémon Crystal Access takes an accidentally pretty accessible game and makes it that much more accessible, which rules.
• EA’s commitment to accessibility is indeed laudable, and Karen Stevens’ Twitter feed is indeed an excellent way to keep up with said initiative.
• And here’s a link to the Twitch channel that streamed Lost and Hound. It does seem to sometimes feature a Shiba Inu instead of, or as well as, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. The Everybody’s Talking At Once Podcast regrets the error.
“All The People Say (Season 3)” by Holly Hyperion.
Some music-in-progress from Lost and Hound by Brian Fairbanks.
Logo by Aaron Perry-Zucker, using Icons by by Llisole, Dávid Gladiš, Atif Arshad, Daniel Nochta, Mike Rowe, Jakub Čaja, Raji Purcell and IconsGhost from the Noun Project.
56 episodes available. A new episode about every 39 days .