Manage episode 219367805 series 1003037
Henrik Pettersson introduces us to The Gardens Between, a wordless narrative puzzle game in which you play as time itself. We talk about themes surrounding memory, the quest to make complicated games simple (and vice-versa), the seemingly-ever-in-progress indiepocolypse, and a few untranslatable Swedish words.
Oh, and SPOILERS for Persona 5 from 01:03:38 to 01:05:15, for some damn reason.
• Did you know that the Swedish language has 100 discrete words for “insufficiently soundproof?” It’s a fact, probably!
• Here are some of those ideas about memory and retention.
• And here’s my sleepy-ass playthrough of Kentucky Route Zero.
• And here’s my interview with Joel Corelitz about GOROGOA.
• We don’t talk about it in the interview, but the game’s “ambient slow trailer” is just lovely.
Logo by Aaron Perry-Zucker, using Icons by Llisole, Dávid Gladiš, Atif Arshad, Daniel Nochta, Mike Rowe, Jakub Čaja, Raji Purcell and IconsGhost from the Noun Project.
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours .