Manage episode 242591466 series 2437481
In this episode, we are joined by Dr. Beth Westie. After having her 3rd pregnancy, she suffered shooting pains due to ovarian cysts. These pains got so bad that she was taking 35 supplements and was even rushed to the Emergency Room. This is when she started looking into eastern medicine and healthier lifestyles to balance her hormones.
Today, Dr. Beth is the author of the Best Selling book, ‘The Female Fat Solution’, the creator of the ‘12 Week Female Fat Solution Challenge’, and a host of ‘The Female Health Solution Podcast’. She has made it her mission to change the way women view their health. Traveling the country, she educates and empowers women to take their health into their own hands. Sharing how to use nutrition to help women work with the natural cycle of their bodies to achieve lasting weight loss results.
Dr. Beth Westie explains the essence of wellness: ”People talk about PMS and all these other hormonal related issues, but just because it's common doesn't mean it's normal to have. There's so many ways to deal with these better.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- The science behind hormonal imbalances
- Problems women face due to hormonal imbalances
- Foods to balance your progesterone and estrogen hormones
Connect with Dr. Beth Westie
- Follow on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube
- Follow Dr. Beth on her website
- Follow The Female Health Solution Podcast on iTunes
- Buy The Female Menopause Solution:Taking Control of Your Weight and Hormones in the Next Phase of Life Book on Amazon
- Buy The Female Fat Solution: Achieving lasting weight loss by getting your hormones to work for you! Book on Amazon
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your co-hosts, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and functional nutritionist) and Dr. Kelly Donahue (clinical health psychologist and nutritional therapy consultant) have over 25 years of combined experience in medicine, psychology, and wellness. Our mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. We are busy mom-preneurs and know how important your time is. We have designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. We interview a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and we discuss important issues and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.