Manage episode 215917804 series 2311018
Host Ian Connett (@QuantumJurist) and co-host Dan Lear of Right Brain Law talk to Kim Bennett in this very special episode. K Bennett Law LLC helps serial entrepreneurs, start-ups and small businesses address their labor, employment, HR, intellectual property and general business strategy needs.
For the latest topics, trends and tech in the legal industry, subscribe to the Evolve the Law Podcast: A Catalyst for Legal Innovation. Listen as legal experts and leaders share insights about the legal industry. For more information, questions, or suggestions about our podcast feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links and Resources from this Episode
- For additional information go to https://abovethelaw.com/legal-innovation-center
- Kimberly's initial aversion to law practice. Transitioning from the medical school path to law school.
- Working for juvenile justice in Georgia with PHD/JDs. How natural curiosity helps your legal career.
- Taking a cross-disciplinary approach. Lessons learned from psychology researching, including the importance of understanding empathy and the client’s journey.
- The power of helping others get what they want.
- On going “heads down” during times of challenge. Getting it done.
- Dissecting internal vs. external motivations.
- Working through the Great Recession. Joining a family practice and being a legal entrepreneur.
- The power of taking things into your own hands.
- Working at Google'. Kimberly's passion for moving the industry forward.
- Utilizing technology to offer subscription and virtual legal services. How Kimberly built her practice and model helping businesses and lawyers evolve their practice.
- The results of Kimberly's Myers Briggs Test.
- How Kimberly's sees The Future of Law – getting back to being a true advisor.
- Being a “creative thinker” vs. a “document drafter.”
- How to connect with Kim and learn more about her practice.
Review and Subscribe
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite player to get the latest episodes.
193 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 30 mins duration .