Manage episode 214627160 series 2311018
Sarah Schaaf is the founder and CEO of Headnote which revolutionizing payments in the legal community. Host Ian Connett (@QuantumJurist) and Sarah talk about validating a legal tech idea, raising venture capital and the future of Headnote.
For the latest topics, trends and tech in the legal industry, subscribe to the Evolve the Law Podcast: A Catalyst for Legal Innovation. Listen as legal experts and leaders share insights about the legal industry. For more information, questions, or suggestions about our podcast feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links and Resources from this Episode
- For additional information go to https://abovethelaw.com/legal-innovation-center
- The origin story of Headnote – how Sarah solved her own pain points
- Developing a tool like Venmo for lawyers - thinking of her solution as a “tool” vs. software
- Taking “awkward collections” off the client’s plate
- Sarah’s approach to design – ruthless focus on the client experience
- Transitioning from traditional law career to running a venture backed start up - how to find a nice founder-funder fit
- Sarah’s take on recent VC investment in legal tech
- 2 easy ways to test if you have an “MVP” to develop for the legal tech market
- Convergence with FinTech – exploring crypto payments for lawyers and international transactions
- Why you’re risking disbarment if you’re unaware of the lawyer-client payment rules
- How you can try Headnote today, risk free, and take advantage of the Evolve the Law promo code at https://headnote.com/evolve
Review and Subscribe
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite player to get the latest episodes.
193 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 30 mins duration .