Manage episode 230070441 series 2462354
Episode 27 features John Ruhlin the author of a fantastic book called Giftology, the art of gifting in business and how it can win new relationships and maintain your existing relationships.
John Ruhlin is the world’s leading authority in maximising customer loyalty through radical generosity. He is the founder and author of Giftology and has been featured in Fox News, Forbes, Fast Company, Inc and New York Times and appeared on podcasts such as Pat Flynn, Lewis Howes and The Art of Charm. While becoming the #1 performer out of 1.5 million sales reps for one of the world’s most recognisable brands, John developed a system of using generosity to gain access to elite clients and generate thousands of referrals. He and his firm now help automate this process for individuals and organisations like UBS, Raymond James, DR Horton, Keller Williams, the Chicago Cubs, and Caesar’s Palace. John and the Giftology team can help any individual turn their clients into their own personal sales force to drive exponential growth.Some of the topics discussed in this episode:
- How John won business with The Chicago Cubs by sending them gifts for 6 1/2 years. They eventually reached out to him and led to an amazing story and results for the team, their business and fans
- Why gifting is the long game
- The book changed his current relationships as people were really wowed by the contents
- He is best friends with Hal Elrond, author of "The Miracle Morning", who was one of the people who helped motivate John to get the book done
- The 5 year launch for the book that involved doing something book related every week for those 5 years
- Good gifting leads to active loyalty, which is far better than passive loyalty, but most people don’t even realise they have a loyalty problem
- Giftology leads to reciprocity. Helps you show your appreciation for business and personal relationships
- He grew up a farm boy one of 6 kids in Ohio and originally wanted to be a doctor. Got a job selling knives for Cutco pocket knives which changed his life.
- How a girlfriends dad taught him the power of taking care of the inner circle
- Many gifts lead to the wrong results, bad ROI and low costs per impression: John explains what costs per impression means and the importance of it to you getting future business John has gifts he gave 15 years ago that are still giving active loyalty to him and gaining him new business all these years later because of high costs per impression
- “In business most people do gifting because they’re having an event or its Xmas and they want to check the box and to me thats a waste of money. You’re not gonna get any ROI out of that and it’s a waste of money.”
- Great advice for speakers and Thought Leaders
- 80% of budget to take care of 20% of relationships - for most people 80% of revenue comes from 20% of clients
- Its not about how much you spend, its about how much value will it give to the people that receive it
- What gifts should you giveaway at trade shows? Listen to Johns insightful and maybe surprising answer
- Why women are so much better at giving gifts than men
43 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 36 mins duration .