Manage episode 158374627 series 1061660
This Excellent Executive Coaching episode is for coaches, HR and Managers who want to excel at executive coaching. More importantly, Myles Downey explains the danger of being servants to HR and helping leaders and manager to comply to get their next bonus. Myles explains how he got out of this trap as well as answered the following questions by Dr. Katrina Burrus, MCC.
- What is the current state of the executive coaching market?
- What is different about the world in the 21st Century? …
- And what are the implications for coaching?
- If someone was to take up a career as an executive coach today - what advice might you give them?
- You published Modern Effective Coaching a year ago - how is this different from your earlier book Effective Coaching?
- How do you maintain an edge and keep learning as an executive coach
- Why do you practice as an executive coach?
Who is Myles Downey?
Myles Downey is a writer, speaker, consultant, innovator and is widely regarded as one of the leading coaches in the UK and Europe. He founded The School of Coaching in 1996 and then The School of Coaching International in 2015 to bring the best coaching training to wider global audience. He created the first and only automated coaching system, Enable, in 2014 designed to offer high quality coaching to the many, affordably. He has written Effective Coaching, which sold 30,000 copies and was considered a seminal work on coaching, and published ‘Effective Modern Coaching’ in 2014. From 2013 to 2015 he lead the ‘Enabling Genius Research Project’ with an international team resulting in ‘Enabling Genius – a mindset for the 21st Century’ published in March 2016. The project is an on-going exploration of what it takes to maximize performance.