Manage episode 222361102 series 1061660
Dr. Katrina Burrus interviews Dr. John Reed and talks about his book Pinpointing Excellence: How to Find a Quality Executive Coach.
- What is your professional background and experience?
- What have you seen in the executive coaching field that prompted you to write the book?
- How has it been helping readers? Why?
- What have you seen in the executive coaching field since the book was released that makes it even more relevant now?
- What are the key messages from the book do you express to help those considering executive coaching services?
- Is there any difference in advice you would give between current coaches and those planning to enter the field?
John founded and has been a Managing Principal since 2005 at Quinn Reed Associates (www.quinnreedassociates.com). He has undergraduate and MBA degrees from Dartmouth and, as a licensed organizational psychologist, a PhD from the University of Georgia. A US Navy veteran, he previously worked in the strategic services practice of Accenture and the government practice of CGI.
He is designated as a Master Coach by Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching, a Master Corporate Executive Coach by the Association of Corporate Executive Coaches and a Professional Certified Coach by the International Coach Federation.
He is a Founding Fellow and Contributing Author of the Institute of Coaching at McLean/Harvard Medical School. His book ‘Pinpointing Excellence’ (www.pinpointingexcellence.com) for example is popular with leaders who use it to evaluate and select top executive coaches.Sponsored by NSA (Las Vegas)