Manage episode 238130617 series 78241
Esther Choo is an Emergency Medicine physician, a founder of TimesUp Healthcare, and a cornerstone voice driving progress in our profession. She is a remarkable voice on social media, on stage, and in the press. Her research, creativity, and passion are rocket fuel for change; she is highly sought-after and after speaking with her it is clear why!
1. Being one of the key influencers for our profession on social media and beyond
2. The moment her social media presence took off and comparing impact to writing for academic publication
3. Reconciling tension between effort and visibility
4. How Esther deals with, learns from, and ignores criticism on social media
5. The art of sharing controversial and provocative takes and trusting your audience will provide guidance on “bad” takes
6. Her path to becoming a student, expert, and spokesperson around issues of gender bias
7. The formation & mission of TimesUp Healthcare and the historical foundation it is built upon
8. Sharing stories of curtailed opportunity, gender-based discrimination, and the loss of so many talented women who left the profession
9. Speaking outside of the echo chamber to audiences on challenging subjects and her techniques for disarming a crowd
10. Starting Equity Quotient and developing metrics and measurements around discrimination and harassment
11. The sensation of being “in demand” and turning it into an opportunity to elevate others
TimesUp Healthcare: https://www.timesuphealthcare.org
Equity Quotient: https://www.eqmedicine.com
149 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 42 mins duration .