Manage episode 227301834 series 78241
Ingrid Nembhard is an Associate Professor of Health Care Management at the University of Pennsylvania and she is the definition of a pluripotent researcher, teacher & mentor. She studies and coaches around how we can improve team-based culture & organizational learning. We discuss the importance of feeling part of a high-performing team, how team-based culture forms, and how it translates into patient-centered care. This is riveting stuff & her insights are amazing!
1. What gets Ingrid up in the morning and what brought her to healthcare
2. Being a pluripotent scholar, what “Eureka” moments her down the path of healthcare?
3. The experience of stepping into healthcare organizational improvement and the reception when she starts working with a new team
4. Why it’s important to be at the front lines when she starts a project
5. The creativity that comes from “dissatisfied” people and the value of context
6. Understanding an organization’s culture to determine what’s possible, relevant, and useful
7. Organizational learning and the impact of new knowledge, especially in healthcare
8. How the intersection of organization culture and learning intersect to help drive progress
9. Why team-based culture is a common topic Ingrid is called to help with and a pivotal issue in the success of a healthcare organization
10. Hierarchy vs teamwork and the impact of how team members feel about their work
11. The challenge for a physician who trained in a hierarchical environment who now is joining an organization that focuses on teamwork
12. The vital nature of leadership in driving psychological safety and developing culture
13. Recurring strengths that healthcare organizations can build on
14. The central dogma of decision-making in healthcare
15. Ingrid’s goals for the future and places where her impact will be greatly felt
Ingrid’s UPenn page: https://hcmg.wharton.upenn.edu/profile/ingridn/#research
#leadership, #organizations, #healthcare, #hospitals, #culture, #learning, #education, #evidence, #hierarchy
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 40 mins duration .