Manage episode 212087527 series 78241
Sarah Sellers is a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist who shocked the world this past April when she came out of nowhere to finish in 2nd place at the Boston Marathon. She joined us to discuss her remarkable achievement, the importance of being in the moment, and how her work in healthcare and her marathon training are bound together.
- What does a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist do?
- Finding time to run amidst a full work schedule
- The discipline and value of “being in the moment.”
- Qualifying for the Boston Marathon by winning her first marathon
- Setting goals for Boston
- The epic weather during the race
- The value of camaraderie amongst the competitors
- The famous picture and the smile
- Going back to work
- Maintaining focus and being able to adapt to change
- Lessons from her success at the Boston Marathon that connect to working with patients
- Can hospital food be part of a nutrition plan for marathon training?