Manage episode 180106476 series 108783
In this start to a three-part series of the Exploring Information Security podcast, Johnny Xmas joins me to discuss why social skills are important.
Johnny (@J0hnnyXm4s) has presented talks and performed training on the topic of social skills at various conferences. He told me it's the topic he gets the most feedback on from people in attendance. I was first introduced to one of Johnny's talks at BSides Nashville 2015. He was presenting on networking with people at conferences. Which I immediately identified with. I was there shooting pictures, because it was an easy way to meet people at conferences.
Social skills are important in organizations, because it allows us to build better relationships with people to improve security. It's a topic that Johnny can talk about for hours (as evident by this three-part series).
In this episode we discuss:
- What are social skills
- Why they're important
- How it relates to social engineering
- How to interact with someone in a conversation
- How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
- Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
- What Every BODY is Saying by Joe Navarro
- Introducing NLP by Joseph O'Connor and John Seymour
- The Game by Neil Strauss
- Johnny Xmas YouTube channel
155 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 32 mins duration .